Monday, March 15, 2010

Emo Feelings Galore

Spoilers ahead. You should already know there'll be spoilers the more and more I progress through the game. Regardless...ONWARDS.


So, there's an emo kid named Hope whose mother was consequently killed in a beginning part of the game. He (she) blames it on Snow (the male lead) that he didn't protect her and "forced" her to fight in the war, and inevitably get herself killed which lead to her--I mean HIS sorrow. Now I understand that young teenagers don't deal with emotional situations very well. God knows that I never dealt with my emotions very well, and made pretty stupid mistakes in how I went about managing those emotions. So I guess the game is being true and realistic in portraying that Hope is a terribly meek, weak, and emotionally distraught character. He's a kid who has a father that "ran away" for whatever reason, and a mother that has double DD boobs fit in an old lady sweater that died trying to fight in a war to protect her child. I don't know about you, but if I was a kid who was so emotionally messed in the head, I wouldn't be able to combat soldiers that were trained in probably what was at least a 4 year military training program designed to educate people on how to fight in a war. Who cares about the emotionally distraught part, I probably wouldn't be able to fight them PERIOD. And certainly NOT with a boomerang. I wouldn't be able to have the WILL to fight or perserve my survival.

Ironically, there is a scene where he speaks about how much pain he's in that there's an implication of suicide. So, wait. He fights to preserve his life, but then turns around and then implies he wants to kill himself because the pain of being alone is so great? Awesome.

I'll get to the other characters soon enough just you wait.

8 comments:

  1. u should know by now in the world of ff...everyone can miraculously kick ass the second they're playable...whether it be a boy with a hockey stick that he uses as a boomerang or some flower girl that lives in the slums and just happens to be able to whack ppl (w/ precision and accuracy) with a rod/pole...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shouldn't talk about Aeris (Aerith whatever) that way. You never know when there's a legion of Aeris (Aerith) worshippers that will rape your face with balls that are made to look like White Materia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sure livi has some army of sephiroth clones to come protect...if not, my vincent squad will kill her off...=P

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...turned rock paper scissors.

    And in some closet, many FF fans will turn on their copies of Dissidia to see who will be the victor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bring it on...just remember...it'll u vs livi's sephi and my vincent...muhahah....

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, when did I really get involved in this? I don't care who wins really. I just warned you that there will be rabid FF fans ready to--oh wait, I see what you did there...haha...........Final Fantasy Fans Anonymous anybody?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so tired I'm not catching any of the irony if there is any.
    And I'm still 17 essays away from ffxiii. This makes me pouty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what's going on, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete