Sunday, June 26, 2011

Demon's Souls

So Monster Hunter has taken a bit of a back seat in an attempt to clear some other games off my plate. I recently finished Infamous 1 and 2, The 3rd Birthday (which btw, doesn't make any sense at all even though i know the complete story), and I'm working on Assassin's Creed 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and of course Demon's Souls.

Often compared to Monster Hunter, Demon's Souls carries similarities in how it's about learning the patterns of enemies, it's punishing difficulty, the necessity to read and research about items, environments, and nuances, and has a similar level of risk and reward when it comes to the combat. I've played many hours of Monster Hunter; like 1500? Across 3 games, and have to say, even with that level of experience, Demon's Souls is still a really punishing game. It reminds me of my early days with Freedom Unite where fighting Tigrex for the first time was one of my most frustrating and teeth grinding experiences in my habits as a gamer.

After playing maybe about 10 hours, I'm grasping more of the mechanics and what the world is about. I'm a late comer, and perhaps there are still some out there that haven't checked out Demon's Souls or know nothing about it. In such case, I highly suggest you do:



Because the sequel is coming:

No comments:

Post a Comment